Discuss REPLACING 2 GANG SWITCH FOR 1 GANG SWITCH UK SPEC in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi

I could do with some advice/opinions on how to tackle changing 2 gang switch for a 1 gang switch

Basically the Kitchen has two lights on either end wired in a loop
circuit. Currently there is 2 gang switch working the two lights (not wired as a 2 way switch). Thus when you open the switch box you have 2 live wires etc, running out to each light etc.

I don't need a two way switch and want put both lights on one switch. Is it case of fitting a 1 gang switch and putting both feeds into the switch?, or is there a better way.

Please note that to wire the two lights together, I would have drill every ceiling joist due to the way they run across the kitchen

I appreciate this is a professional forum and I am not, however my electrician who checks the work is off two weeks, and I do really need to get things sorted.

Regards
Ben

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
You must be logged in to see the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to REPLACING 2 GANG SWITCH FOR 1 GANG SWITCH UK SPEC in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom