Discuss Replacing ceiling rose with new lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

lee_evo

DIY
Reaction score
Bought a new light fitting from amazon to replace an old hanging single bulb from a ceiling rose, but I cant get my head around how to wire it for the switch.

Looking at the old fitting it appears to be the last in the chain so there's no loop out, but the new fitting just has a simple electrical block fitting ( L E N ).

done a quick diagram in paint (ignore the loop out it's not there ) , where does the 'live' and 'switched live' from the switch connect to in that diagram ?

I think I'm just not seeing something obvious but I'd appreciate if anyone could assist with this..

Cheers

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 29
Bought a new light fitting from amazon to replace an old hanging single bulb from a ceiling rose, but I cant get my head around how to wire it for the switch.

Looking at the old fitting it appears to be the last in the chain so there's no loop out, but the new fitting just has a simple electrical block fitting ( L E N ).

done a quick diagram in paint (ignore the loop out it's not there ) , where does the 'live' and 'switched live' from the switch connect to in that diagram ?

I think I'm just not seeing something obvious but I'd appreciate if anyone could assist with this..

Cheers
connect the incoming live (red) to the red to switch, , put in connector block, but do not connect to light,then the black with red sleeve from switch is L to light, incoming black (N) goes to N of light. and don't forget E.

Really appreciate the reply thanks, I guess my original question is can this be done without adding an extra terminal to the fitting as shown in the picture

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 16
Really appreciate the reply thanks, I guess my original question is can this be done without adding an extra terminal to the fitting as shown in the picture
you need 4 terminals in total.
perm. live, switched live, neutral, earth. all but the first connect to the lights. the first only connects to the switch.

Reply to Replacing ceiling rose with new lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net