Discuss Replacing Central Heating Timer in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Was looking to replace my central heating timer with a TimeGuard NTT04. Had a look yesterday and the wiring is different than my old timer.

The new timer has 4 connections - L, N, S In, S out.

Wiring diagram -
230V 50Hz Mains Supply:
Live (Brown or Red) to L
Fit a ‘Link’ or ‘Bridge’ between L & S IN
Neutral (Blue or Black) to N

Load:
Switch Live (Brown or Red) to S OUT Neutral (Blue or Black) to N
Full manual here: http://www.timeguard.com/media/2566/NTT03_NTT04_Instructs_120x60_issue3.pdf

From my old timer I have:
2 x Red
1 x Black
1 x Blue
1 Yellow

Image attached.

The S In and S Out has confused me. Any help on how I should wire this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
S

IMG_6341.JPG

Hi,

Was looking to replace my central heating timer with a TimeGuard NTT04. Had a look yesterday and the wiring is different than my old timer.

The new timer has 4 connections - L, N, S In, S out.

Wiring diagram -
230V 50Hz Mains Supply:
Live (Brown or Red) to L
Fit a ‘Link’ or ‘Bridge’ between L & S IN
Neutral (Blue or Black) to N

Load:
Switch Live (Brown or Red) to S OUT Neutral (Blue or Black) to N
Full manual here: http://www.timeguard.com/media/2566/NTT03_NTT04_Instructs_120x60_issue3.pdf

From my old timer I have:
2 x Red
1 x Black
1 x Blue
1 Yellow

Image attached.

The S In and S Out has confused me. Any help on how I should wire this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
S

View attachment 36367

What was your old timer and do you know what each core was connected to on the old timer?

Yup those wires need testing and traced back to the boiler to see what one does what. If you took a pic of the old timer it would be a lot easier

Reply to Replacing Central Heating Timer in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net