Discuss Replacing existing PIR lights help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello replaceing both front and back pir lights and got abit stuck with where I need to put the switch live wire as they both currently have a manual switch overide
4F183AE1-BEE2-42B2-B4AA-C0B927DD029D.jpeg Current wiring front and back
D131E62B-6FDC-4CB1-ACD2-69E8D83DF392.jpeg New front light
FBE0C173-F1A7-471F-9E63-FF65285E460B.jpeg New back light

Just abit confuses what to do with switch live wire.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Damian

L into 1..... S/L into 2.( Xin new light).... N into N.... E into E.

that's for front light.as for the back, does not look as if you have the facility for manual switch. check MI see if it's got override feature by switching off/on, maybe twice in a couple of secs. otherwise, looks as if the S/L would tap into the red wire.

L into 1..... S/L into 2.( Xin new light).... N into N.... E into E.

that's for front light.as for the back, does not look as if you have the facility for manual switch. check MI see if it's got override feature by switching off/on, maybe twice in a couple of secs. otherwise, looks as if the S/L would tap into the red wire.

Hello

Cheers for that.
Back one has override feature so that’s fine
685C8519-C616-4D4D-A071-E0C0FEF18EDF.jpeg All done at back

Front one I’ll have to redo as I didn’t know what the x was for so put s/l into L and put the permanent feed into a wago but if x is for that I can redo. It’s one of them dusk till dawn ones but probably explains why nothing is happening apart from going on and off when switching but need to re order a pir version anyway.
5AB4E95D-D154-4E91-BD4D-32E74F6E9FAC.jpeg

Reply to Replacing existing PIR lights help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net