Discuss Replacing fan controller for industrial extractor in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sivoodoo

Hi all, I dont normally do comercial but a friend wants two damaged fan controllers replacing, but I can not source the units. I will post a picture later when I go back, but what I am looking for is this:

Name on unit is: RAM
Specs on unit are: 0.2 - 10A. Serial number: sp5010A

Its a switch with, on, off and half speed, fixed after a DOL.

Any help on where I can get replacements would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Do you know why the controllers need replacing, ie.. burnt / burning out motors putting too much load etc..
Im not sure about the RAM range of controllers, but i know of a perfect match (roof units sp5010) these are also 10 amp rated and are very reliable..
Do you know what size and make of fan it is?

Not sure yet what make, will have more information later, they need replacing as they have been broken, god knows how but something has fallen, been pushed against them.

Whats the make you refer to?

Hiya, from the pictures the speed controllers look like a discontinued model. They are single phase and electronic.
However, an alternative controller is the EFSC range.
EFSC 3 - 3 amp rated - £29
EFSC 6 - 6 amp rated - £45
EFSC 10 - 10 amp rated - £78
From the pictures i cannot see the rated amperage so you will have to decide on the required one, although as these are fitted with dol-starters i would suggest the EFSC6 or the EFSC10.
If your not sure on the amperage of the fan, you could always wire the fan direct and do a clamp check to find the FLC..
Take note though, these controllers can be 2 or 3 wire control.
Also when you power them up you will have to adjust a potentiometer on the back of the controller for the minimum speed voltage to prevent the fans from stalling on minimum speed.:)
Hope this helps.
Ps . the controllers can be supplied from cadamp.
Fan Speed Control, Fan Control, Controls, Heating Ventilation Controllers - CADAMP, UK, West, Yorkshire, Leeds

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much indeed Dan,
Good idea with the clamp meter, I trust I can pick your brains in the futer if I run into any problems?
I shall keep you updated.

Thanks again
Simon.

Here are the specs of the boxs:

sp5010A
220/240v
1ph - 50HZ
current 0.2 - 10A

so I'm thinking the 10A model?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hope he's changed the controllers by now as this thread is 18 months old!

Reply to Replacing fan controller for industrial extractor in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock