Discuss Replacing MCB's - Part 'P' notifiable? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pmcsparks

As a semi-retired M.I.E.T. engineer, I'm wondering if replacing MCB's in a C/U counts as notifiable under Part 'P'.
Or is it non-notifiable as it's a like-for-like replacement as per first item in Table 1?

Replacement with the same rated item as a repair is not notifiable, but replacing an MCB with a higher rated item as part of a planned piece of work would be notifiable as it's not in the list of work that need not be notified in Part P. (Arguing that an MCB is an item of fixed electrical equipment is reading something into the regulations that isn't there.)

Reply to Replacing MCB's - Part 'P' notifiable? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all looking for some helpful advice I'm an Aussie so go easy on me, I have a good mechanical engineering head but first time plumbing and...
Replies
Views
Hi all We've had some works done in our kitchen which has involved fitting a new cooker circuit, installing some downlights to replace ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a light in the under stairs cupboard which is controlled by a switch in the hall. The under stairs cupboard is being taken...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock