Discuss Replacing thermostat wiring question in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there, im not an experienced electrician but wanted to quickly exchange a thermostat for my electric under floor heating. However the wiring arrangement is different on the new one.

I think I know how they match but would really appreciate it if someone could tell me if I have got this right.

On the attached image, I have drawn the numbers in Red to match the numbers on the original diagram to show what I think maps to where. Would someone Kindly tell me if I have got this right?

Many thanks, really appreciate it!Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 3.53.40 pm.png

Thanks Murdoch, what I was hoping for was someone just to validate I've got this right or tell me I've got it wrong.

ie, if I put the wires that are currently in location 1-6 into the equivalent slots as I have numbered in red on the new diagram, does this map correctly?

I appreciate that I am novice and if the advice is get a qualified electrician in to do it then fair enough. I wasn't expecting to find a different arrangement when I went to swap them over so just trying to be pragmatic.

Thanks again

L in 1. N in 2. mat in 3 and 4. floor sensor in 5 and 6.

Reply to Replacing thermostat wiring question in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi - we have an inline heater for a vent system that appears to always be on. I believe the electrician may have wired it incorrectly with only a...
Replies
Views
Hi all looking for some helpful advice I'm an Aussie so go easy on me, I have a good mechanical engineering head but first time plumbing and...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, hoping someone will be able to help me decipher the wiring for this hoist controller. the handset it came with has stopped working...
Replies
Views
I am trying to find a replacement programmable thermostat to retrofit onto an existing installation, as the existing one has got a blank screen...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock