Discuss Replacing wire in a fuse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ccx295

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is the first time which I have had to replace the wire in a fuse so I just want to make sure that I have done it correctly.

The wire which I have fed through the two holes is not perfectly straight where you can see it through the opening, is this ok? (slightly bent)

Thanks

No it should not be a problem, have you fitted the correct size of wire. Do you know why the fuse blew as it could be hazardous when replacing the new one if you have a fault on the circuit.

Thanks for the reply. 5amp (upstairs lighting)

Yes which I am now trying to figure out. Our spare room which has 3 spot lights are all not working.

I have removed one bulb which is a 12v so I assume there is a transformer somewhere? is this a job for electrician and is it safe to now have power back upstairs with these not working?

Thanks

as long as you have fitted 5A fuse wire, should be OK till your friendly local sparks arrives to trace the fault and ensure the circuit is safe to use.

If they are the only ones not back on I suspect one of the transformers has gone so leave them switched off.

Thanks for the reply. 5amp (upstairs lighting)

Yes which I am now trying to figure out. Our spare room which has 3 spot lights are all not working.

I have removed one bulb which is a 12v so I assume there is a transformer somewhere? is this a job for electrician and is it safe to now have power back upstairs with these not working?

Thanks
Where are you located?

Reply to Replacing wire in a fuse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
Hello I have some decking lights which to be fair, have been nothing but pain in the bottom since they were installed. Moisture in the lens lamps...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock