Discuss Requirements for Level 3 NVQ in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning all just joined the forum and after some advice.

Last year I completed my EAL Level 2 Electrical Installation course and I've now been working as an agency sparks mate for 6 months after getting Electrical Labourer ECS card. Now ImI to get my gold card so need to do my NVQ + AM2 + 18th. Is it possible to go straight to my NVQ or do I need to do the Level 3 electrical installation beforehand.

Thanks Matt

Thanks, I thought so but I've a friend in the same position as I am except he's with a company (I'm agency) and they've somehow got him lined up to do his NVQ in the next 6 month and even paid for him. Must be different if you're working for someone I assume?

So your friend hasn't done his city and guilds level 3 yet they have him lined up to do his NVQ? Cant see that happening at all as level 3 tech is required.

So your friend hasn't done his city and guilds level 3 yet they have him lined up to do his NVQ? Cant see that happening at all as level 3 tech is required.

Exactly what I thought which is what confused me. He must've mistaken C+G Lvl 3 for NVQ level 3 perhaps but he seems adamant that it's the NVQ. Ah well I'm enrolled onto my level 3 at night college either way. Thanks guys

XS Training ran an NVQ for people who have proven industry knowledge for over 5 years. A mate of mine in work done it, I know because I took all the bloody photos of him for it. He paid about £1500 in total, but I think your about 4 years shy of experience.

Reply to Requirements for Level 3 NVQ in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net