Discuss Requirements for RCD protection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

this cheesecake was over 4 tons. might last spoon a while
Requirements for RCD protection 1561721087147 - EletriciansForums.net

I wonder what the scams view point is working on an older non rcd installation and not adding in any rcd protection..?

I was doing kitchen refurb, where the client had a couple of FCU’s and wanted to replace them with socket outlets (no rcd protection).

I asked my scheme, if that would be classed as ‘maintenance’? I got a ‘stupid boy’ sigh, and told no it’s not.

Why do people feel the need to consult their scheme.

Probably cuz they aren't sure, or don't know what to do next. To which I suppose begs the question, do the Schemes know the answer any way, replies on a post card please. Someone said "A stupid boy sigh" says it all really.

Last edited:
Probably cuz they aren't sure, or don't know what to do next. To which I suppose begs the question, do the Schemes know the answer any way, replies on a post card please. Someone said "A stupid boy sigh" says it all really.

In fairness to them, the Tech Support of my Scheme were quite knowledgeable, thorough with their replies, and from the experience & qualifications they held (as seen from editorials on them), I was in no doubt of their qualified answers. There was a particular individual, whom I wasn't sure about, the rest were exemplary.

When you consider, when you ring in with a query, the guy would respond straight away with his guidance quoting regulation numbers etc, its not like replying to a thread here, with the advantage of time, browsing regs book or using Google. They were most helpful.

I don't think you can criticise something, without the experience of using it.

It's Friday... I have my popcorn at the ready...

My daughter just bought a house...went and had a look on Saturday...new extension built 6 months ago,,,new lighting and ring final circuits to extension and kitchen......Metal sockets..metal switches no sign of an RCD anywhere......looked up the details on the BC website and a electrical notification was sent by the company that done the work.....description.....work carried out in a special location...new circuits..........Found the company on line registered FULL SCOPE NIC..............On the phone tomorrow morning

Reply to Requirements for RCD protection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock