Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss residual current? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robbiec202

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

First Post.

I have two portable heated trolleys that read 118V when tested between them but not touching. When they are touching there is no voltage.
Any thoughts please?

M

mcsparky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First of all what's a Portable Heated Trolley when it's at home?? Maybe the clue is in the name but what do you use it for and why are you measuring voltages between them? Need a little more info and I may be able to help.

markc123

-
Mentor
Arms
:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

D

Deleted member 26818

First Post.

I have two portable heated trolleys that read 118V when tested between them but not touching. When they are touching there is no voltage.
Any thoughts please?
This could be indicative that there is a poor earth connection in one of the trolleys, or even a neutral-earth reversal?

M

Megavolt

You two have seen this was started in 2007

D

Deleted member 26818

No, I hadn't noticed.
Is it sorted then?
How is Melnibone nowadays?

F

FAA Greenie

Hope the OP is still with us and didn't get squished by a 118v belt.......

markc123

-
Mentor
Arms
Lol, was pretty bored and the forum was dead.

Plenty of people have been bringing up years old threads recently so thought id contribute... but go a few years earlier :)

kingeri

-
Arms
Lol, was pretty bored and the forum was dead.

Plenty of people have been bringing up years old threads recently so thought id contribute... but go a few years earlier :)
I understand, just seemed a bit random. Still, as long as you're happy! :)

markc123

-
Mentor
Arms
Yeah, it made me chuckle for a full 10seconds, and for a sunday...that's pretty epic.

However, i've just seen the time - and seen as though my first job is 7:30am in the morning i think i best head for my pit.

Ohh i hate early starts soo much, aurevoir untill tomorrow people!

kingeri

-
Arms
Yeah, it made me chuckle for a full 10seconds, and for a sunday...that's pretty epic.

However, i've just seen the time - and seen as though my first job is 7:30am in the morning i think i best head for my pit.

Ohh i hate early starts soo much, aurevoir untill tomorrow people!
Goodnight, I'm off for the week, hence drunk x

D

Deleted member 26818

That reminds me, I have a bottle with some Southern Comfort still in.

markc123

-
Mentor
Arms
Goodnight, I'm off for the week, hence drunk x
Kingeri, think thats the first time i've ever seen anyone put a kiss at the end of a post and look like they meant it haha.

Thank's man, i hope to recieve more complementry kisses in the future.

All my love, Mark x

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to residual current? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom