Discuss resturant kitchen sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

this is the fourth time ive written this out as the blinking thing won't post :(

I've been asked to supply more sockets to a resturant kitchen especially to the middle of the kitchen.

Does anyone have any ideas to do this?

My thought is to mount a couple of columns in the middle bolted floor & ceiling with mounted sockets, does anyone know of anything plastic or aluminum that would do the job or any better ideas.

the loft space is good but the floor is tiled and I didn't see any access.

Thanks.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

snowhead

-
Mentor
The Kitchens /Bakeries I go to have 16a blue trailing sockets hung from the ceiling on flexes, fed via fused spur and pull switch.

I've known a few chefs over the years and most of them you would say were not exactly the quiet retiring type, so not sure how impressed they will be with you sticking an humping great pillar in the middle of their kitchen.

I know this is a customer request but as the customer thought this through?

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
if you are going down the route of columns, some 2"x2" galv. lighting trunking with plastic lid. footplate bolted to floor, sockets mounted at required height on the trunking. neat job.alternative is channel floor and use conduit.

baldelectrician

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I don't do commercial now, but in a past lifetime uni-strut has been the way to go

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've known a few chefs over the years and most of them you would say were not exactly the quiet retiring type, so not sure how impressed they will be with you sticking an humping great pillar in the middle of their kitchen.

I know this is a customer request but as the customer thought this through?
yeah i hear you, its just brain storming atm

S

Swicade

If using any metal post's etc in a catering area you might need to use stainless steel...best to check with the Council Health people (those bods that check catering area's) to see if this is one of thier rules. Would hate to hear you you've had to go back and replace your work (likely free of charge) due to the council inspection dude condemning it.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
good point.

tigerpaul

-
Arms
I'd say the power pole is better than unistrut. Whatever you do, it has to be easy to clean.
I also have seen blue commando sockets hanging from the ceilings switched by a pull cord next to them.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to resturant kitchen sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom