Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Retrain in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bt man

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All.

I like many people on here am considering a career change.

I need advice. I have worked for BT for 20 yrs in a variety of roles, lots of cabling, fault finding etc.

I have an ONC electrical/electronic engineering. I have rewired a house and various other small electrical jobs in the past.

What in your opinion is my best route to be qualified competant for domestic installations?

Many Thanks.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
T

TonyM58

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi,

i teach lots of guys in a similar situation to yourself

I normally push them through the EAL Domestic Electrical Installer (part P ) course and their 16/17th edition wiring regs as a straight 2 week package.

This qualifies you design, install, test & inspect, and certify, your own work in a domestic premises

Sounds like what you need

B

bt man

Thanks Tony.
Would it be possible to attend these courses on an evening?or are they run by training companies?

T

TonyM58

I know colleges do the EAL as an evening course. But that like two hours a week for a year or something.

Mostly training companies doing intensive courses. We charge £1490 for the two week package.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Retrain in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom