Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Retrofit Led lamps in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Im quoting a job where they want retro fitting led lamps into some 6ft fluorescent fittings, access is a pain so couldnt really get up to them to inspect them, i believe they are T12 magnetic ballast fittings.

The problem comes with the emergency fittings, what are people doing when it comes to the emergency fittings when retrofitting led lamps like this?

(replacement of the fitting isn't really an option as they are twin recessed/trough fittings total of 24)

Many thanks

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
We don't do fluro to LED conversions, most are junk, some are questionable from a safety point of view. Far better all round to replace the fittings with purpose designed LED ones, that also sorts the emergency problem. We have been taking quite a few of various types out of an office recently, all had a far lower light output than the t8 tubes they replaced.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We don't do fluro to LED conversions, most are junk, some are questionable from a safety point of view. Far better all round to replace the fittings with purpose designed LED ones, that also sorts the emergency problem. We have been taking quite a few of various types out of an office recently, all had a far lower light output than the t8 tubes they replaced.
Cheers for the reply, in an ideal world would replace them, unfortunately they are 6ft twins recessed into a wooden ceiling and the bloke has said he doesnt want them replacing just upgrading to Led, bit of a bugger. Will try and upload a pic i took of them
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Nice... I think I'd just repair any faulty ones and leave it at that! If you do go down the route of LED tubes make sure you get ones that have an adjustable angle as the tubes look like they are on either side of the centre frame. Non adjustable ones are likely to shine light straight into the sides of the fitting rather than down through the diffuser.

GBDamo

-
Supporter
We had something similar with some fluorescent fittings inside big metal enclosures with a platic lid.

In the end, to maintain the look we replaced the innards with LED batten fittings which worked well.

Might be an option.
Post automatically merged:

A stand alone EM bulkhead to deal with the emergencies.

in the past with fitting similar to this i have binned the old control gear etc and fitted a new batten inside the old box ,might be worth a try

Reply to Retrofit Led lamps in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom