Discuss Retrofit solution to solar powering an old large lampost in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bigspark17

-
Arms
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a set up i could use to power an old lampost using pv panel, charge controller, battery and BC led. The system would require some sort of dusk till dawn sensor or timer.
The lampost is in a very unaccessible location and cabling it underground is out of the question.
Could be a fun little project, i dont really want an adaptable box on the exterior but it could be used if small.
Ideas / kits sugestions welcomed

Reply to Retrofit solution to solar powering an old large lampost in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

G'day, In order to lower my electricity bill, I want to use the power of the sun to heat my hot tub. The setup is the following: A 100W solar...
Replies
Views
I run a local charity raising cash to install defibrillators (AED's) around our small town in South Manchester - Most of the 14 we have installed...
Replies
Views
LouiseIGC
L
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
I have an outlet outdoor, supported straight up by a galvanized pipe. It has only black and white wires, no ground. The galvanized pipe is...
Replies
Views
This is probably the most stupid question ever..... I have ''inherited'' some PV panels from the previous owner of a property... There are 7 PV...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock