Discuss Return of the DIYer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

keothedog

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi
Similar to Chris from Malta I recently returned after 9 years working abroad in Cyprus. Having spent most of the last decade living in rented accomodation I have been keen to test my DIY skills around the house. I`m currently in the process of redecorating / refurbishing our house (new bathrooms/kitchen etc) and have encountered the restrictions imposed by Part P regulations. As someone who has been fairly competent with basic home electrics/plumbing/ general DIY etc, I would prefer to do the work myself. As a result I am now considering enroling with a Training Company such as Not A Chance in Dartford so that I can complete and certify the work myself. They do a 10 day Multi Part P Course consisting of:-

2 day Introductory to Electrics
5 day VRQ Level 2 EAL Domestic Installer Scheme
3 day City & Guilds2381/2
for £1325

or a Complete Electrical Training Course for Part P which consists of the above plus

2 day Inspection & testing course
1 day City & Guilds 2377 PAT Testing course
for £1795

In addition to completing the work on my own house I was also looking at the prospect of earning some extra income by doing some part time Domestic installation work once Ive qualified.

Any thoughts/advice on any of the above would be most appreciated.

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Return of the DIYer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom