Discuss Reverse camera interference in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BMGBMG

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can help with an install problem on my car. I fitted a reverse cam to a 2002 Range Rover along with a android head unit. I spliced in to the loom at the rear and took a feed from the reverse lights and all worked well, that is until I switch the cars ( xenon ) headlights on and this makes the screen jump around.
Any ideas on what I could do to fix this ?
Thanks

might benefit from a relay... coil energised by reverse lights. contacts to power camera. i have a somewhat similar problem. evry time i turn on LED headlights, i get RF that swamps the radio on weak stations. (my reversing camera is powered from the rear screen demister (which is kaput anyway)so it's on when i want it, not just when i'm going backwards).

Reply to Reverse camera interference in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. I'm trying to put a light-bar on my (facelifted) Land Rover Freelander 2. I'm wanting to wire it so the light-bar will be energised when I...
Replies
Views
Hi! Some help would be appreciated! I've just moved into new house, wanting to check insulation resestance etc as getting some nuisance...
Replies
Views
I appreciate that @mark641 asked how ferrite cores work here, answered by @Lucien Nunes , but TBH, it is at a deeper level than I need. My...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this one is for the cctv gurus Installing a cctv system with 14 HiKVision is cameras. 13 of which are via wireless bridges as it is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, not normally my area but have just installed an Android 7" double din head unit in my L200 to replace the stock 2014 era Kenwood/garmin...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock