Discuss Reverse camera nissan qashqai aftermarket radio in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys

I want to use the oem camera for my qashqai 2011. I’m using the connects2 CAM-NS1-RT adapter for the video output but there’s a lead that says “reverse signal” the guy at connects2 tells me this is what I need to power the camera. Can you please tell me where I can get the power from? Also, the head unit has a cable for “reverse input” which I suspect triggers the stereo to view the camera. Again, I need to know where this needs connecting in to, too. Thanks

On my reversing camera the reverse signal was the 12 volts that comes from the reversing lights at the back of the vehicle.You would need this 12 volts to power the camera and also send the signal to the head unit to switch to view the camera.

Hi bob

Can I not get the 12v from the front? I’ll have to tuna cable from the back? :( With this same 12v can I also connect the head units “reverse gear in” wire on the head unit and basically have the camera and head unit tapped this one cable?

Here are my camera and head unit cables

C47E4839-7645-4996-9C2B-D1965D6034C6.jpeg

Last edited:
You could try feeding the two signal wires from the 12 volts at the stereo to see if it works.If you get the picture on the screen then you have to get the 12 volts from the back of the car.I ran mine under the footplate plastic where the carpet meets the trim by the door.Just tuck it under the plastic all the way along and then behind the dash to the head unit.Like i said though i would try a permanent 12 volt feed to the two wires just to make sure it works and then run the cables properly after you know it's working.

mine is just croc clipped onto the sitched + from ign, so even if i'm moving forward or stationary, it'll record any stupid sod arse ending me.

So the camera oem retention cable appears to power the camera as when I check the camera display on the headunit the camera is working. How’re when I put the car in to reverse it’s just black. I’ve found that when I press the button to view the camera there’s “source” and “camera”. Source is black and camera displays. When I put the car in to reverse the screen goes black and has the parking assist lines. It’s as if it’s selecting “source” as it’s camera. It’s a pioneer stereo. Any ideas?

It sounds like you have the camera input plugged into the wrong plug at the stereo.Try plugging it into the other one and try it.Don't forget that the stereo needs the reverse gear signal cable to be connected to the reversing lights 12 volts as does the camera feed 12v.

Reply to Reverse camera nissan qashqai aftermarket radio in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net