Discuss rewirable fuse type in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Monitor

Hope someone can help. How can i tell what type of 3036 fuse i am looking at and what is the breaking capacity. This is to put on a periodic form.
Thanks

If you follow this link and click on the 2008 wiring matters 4th sub heading and download the info
I am sure you will find what you require
Wiring Matters - 2008 issues - IET Electrical

If you follow this link and click on the 2008 wiring matters 4th sub heading and download the info
I am sure you will find what you require
Wiring Matters - 2008 issues - IET Electrical

Thanks very helpful, but how can i tell by looking if its a s1a s2a or s3a, are there any markings as i cant see any.

Typically BS3036 re-wireable fuses found in domestic consumer units are S2A category of duty. On Wylex and some other BS3036 boards there is often a label (if the glue hasn't dried out and the label dropped off) or moulded in the plastic on the inside of the fuse carriers outer cover which provides data on the category of duty, SWG and nominal current rating of fuse wire.

Thanks a lot that really helps. I guess the label has fallen off but the S2A breaking capacity fits in with the PFC, so everyone is happy.

Reply to rewirable fuse type in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Please can anyone tell me the type and breaking capacity of a 60amp bs5419 isolator fuse like you'd find in a sub main for a flat. thank...
Replies
Views
I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I'm relatively new to the trade and have just moved house. Looking to rewire and was looking at a few things, could someone tell me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock