Discuss Rewire 2 Bed flat North Yorkshire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dive1082

Hi guy's,

I found this forum whilst looking for some info on rewiring and thought I would ask for some advice.

I have purchased a two bed flat in North Yorks and at the moment it is a shell. The electrics need inspecting and a possible rewire needed. I wanted to get an idea of rough cost of this to factor in my renovation costs. I know you guys can't give a proper quote without seeing the job and spec etc, but could someone help me with a ball park figure?

I will also bee looking to get someone in to do it in the next few weeks if anyone is interested... (is posting jobs allowed? )

Oh, just to give you an idea...

Rooms are:

Lounge diner - say 12 double plugs, tv point, cooker and lighting
Bed 1 - 2 double plus lights and en suite (extractor shaver etc)
Bed 2 - Same as bed 1
Hall 1 double plug, phone, light and lights in a cupboard.

angs you've not allowed for, such as smoke detectors.e added for thoinywhere from £2500 - £4000 is my ball park. depends on what you want, what style of fittings, and allow for extras to b

Near enough same as telectrix, between £2000 and £3500, depending on the exact spec. You should PM Glenn.
He can come and have a look and give you a realistic quote and its normally a "free no obligation quote", that way you can factor exactly how much to put in your renovation budget.

It really is impossible to get a close figure, without seeing the job first hand.

Jay

Thanks guys,

I just wanted a rough figure to factor the rennovation budget. I did PM Glen but it is a bit too far for him but he is going to speak to his friend.

2 x double sockets in bedrooms are not enough unless they are tiny bedrooms. You should have 3 or 4 per room plus you should look to include extractor fans too (not in the bedrooms!)

Last edited by a moderator:
and jaccuzzi, 25kW shower, a cooking range to make mcdonalds jealous, outdoor hot tub and sauna ( nice job if it's a 7th floor flat ), heated dog and cat beds, 20 computers and peripherals for the kids, all need supplies.

Reply to Rewire 2 Bed flat North Yorkshire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net