Discuss Rewire cost? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mate rang me and asked the question re cost full rewire 1980's 2 bed bungalow. I then informed him as it was 1980's, it wouldn't (shouldn't) need a rewire. OK subject to inspection.
When I was on the tools, I have in fact rewired a house similar age as the electrical installation was hacked to bits and altered so much by the owners it was unbelievable. I assumed at the time that it was a one off.

Ive seen similar to be fair, during refurbs I’ve done. But I’ve seen similar aged properties which were in a pristine condition from the day they were installed.

I’d just give your mate these figures, if he’s serious with purchasing it, and has any concerns, have an EICR conducted before actual purchase. Dependant on the report, you could then negotiate.

Ive seen similar to be fair, during refurbs I’ve done. But I’ve seen similar aged properties which were in a pristine condition from the day they were installed.

I’d just give your mate these figures, if he’s serious with purchasing it, and has any concerns, have an EICR conducted before actual purchase. Dependant on the report, you could then negotiate.
Just a note as you're from Oxford. I started my apprenticeship in Oxford at New Inn Hall Street (near Carfax) and Cave Street
[automerge]1580926820[/automerge]
Argh so this particular house does have cpc’s, your just going forewarned?

If your vendor has anything about them, they’ll not fall for your bluff on the property need a rewire or partial rewire. I just sold a 1980’s property (it had new CU). If my buyer said it needed a rewire, I would of said you need to rethink.

Why do you think the property needs a rewire. What have you seen, to think this?

PS Sorry that sounds a bit aggressive, but you see what I mean. :)
Hey, no worries, I didn't even read that way, no worries

Just a note as you're from Oxford. I started my apprenticeship in Oxford at New Inn Hall Street (near Carfax) and Cave Street
[automerge]1580926820[/automerge]

Hey, no worries, I didn't even read that way, no worries

Haha, didn’t go to New Inn Hall St (did some work there later though), but did my apprenticeship practical at Cave St, and theory at the college, opposite the now Manzil Way.

Circa 1973.

I'm with Lee, a basic, 'point for point' rewire would be around the 2-2.5K mark.

If they want a rewire with a complete change of layout and everything that goes with it these days then it will be a lot more.

I'm with Lee, a basic, 'point for point' rewire would be around the 2-2.5K mark.

If they want a rewire with a complete change of layout and everything that goes with it these days then it will be a lot more.
But your not negotiating for a house purchase are you or Lee. :)

Haha, didn’t go to New Inn Hall St (did some work there later though), but did my apprenticeship practical at Cave St, and theory at the college, opposite the now Manzil Way.

Circa 1973.
I started with the then Southern Electricity Board (SEB) 1968 - 1972.
I worked at High Wycombe Bucks

Reply to Rewire cost? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock