Discuss Rewire from hell in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Nearly finished it, Thank God!!

Lady owner, Occupied, junk in every possible place, 26 cats (cat litters & food everywhere), cement board in half of the house, plywood boards in the attic, all brick, micro-bore heating pipes everywhere, neigbours moaning about the noise & to top it off a BS951 clamp used on the sheath for TN-S.

The worst one so far this year, just having a rant.

Merry x-mas all.

Take the rest of the year off !

I had to connect a cooker in a "cat flat" the other week. 4 of them cooped up in a tiny flat all day. The stench was pervasive, I had to breathe through my mouth the whole time I was there. How you did a rewire in a cat hoard is beyond me.

No amount of money could make me take something like that on, think I'd rather be a plumber:oops::oops:

Take the rest of the year off !

I had to connect a cooker in a "cat flat" the other week. 4 of them cooped up in a tiny flat all day. The stench was pervasive, I had to breathe through my mouth the whole time I was there. How you did a rewire in a cat hoard is beyond me.

Yes the smell was the worst part, I must have washed my hands a 100 times a day. It was a challenge I can say that.

You might get a mention in the New Years Honours List; Services to the Community. :catface:

I got one of them once
Oh hang on sorry mine was community service:rolleyes:

Nearly finished it, Thank God!!

Lady owner, Occupied, junk in every possible place, 26 cats (cat litters & food everywhere), cement board in half of the house, plywood boards in the attic, all brick, micro-bore heating pipes everywhere, neigbours moaning about the noise & to top it off a BS951 clamp used on the sheath for TN-S.

The worst one so far this year, just having a rant.

Merry x-mas all.

Did you agree to do this or did your boss?

I never quote for lived in rewires - NEVER!

I never quote for lived in rewires - NEVER!

Here here.

Move the bloomin furniture.
Must have the power on, I want to watch Emmerdale.
Look at all the dust. I didn't think you'd make so much mess.
I need that bedroom this weekend, I have 10 people coming to stay.
And just as you have finished a room.....oh sorry, i meant to say we are having a wardrobe there now, can you move the socket to the other side of the room.

Grr grr. No thank you sir, got better things to do with my time.

I wonder who does all the lived in rewires? Perhaps they never get done. Somebody must be making a carp load of money, if no one wants to do them :)

Reply to Rewire from hell in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock