• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Rewire from hell in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ib≤In≤Iz

Electrician's Arms
Nearly finished it, Thank God!!

Lady owner, Occupied, junk in every possible place, 26 cats (cat litters & food everywhere), cement board in half of the house, plywood boards in the attic, all brick, micro-bore heating pipes everywhere, neigbours moaning about the noise & to top it off a BS951 clamp used on the sheath for TN-S.

The worst one so far this year, just having a rant.

Merry x-mas all.

Reactions: DPG

Andy78

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Take the rest of the year off !

I had to connect a cooker in a "cat flat" the other week. 4 of them cooped up in a tiny flat all day. The stench was pervasive, I had to breathe through my mouth the whole time I was there. How you did a rewire in a cat hoard is beyond me.

GMES

Hairy and proud
Staff member
Admin
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
No amount of money could make me take something like that on, think I'd rather be a plumber:oops::oops:

Ib≤In≤Iz

Electrician's Arms
Take the rest of the year off !

I had to connect a cooker in a "cat flat" the other week. 4 of them cooped up in a tiny flat all day. The stench was pervasive, I had to breathe through my mouth the whole time I was there. How you did a rewire in a cat hoard is beyond me.
Yes the smell was the worst part, I must have washed my hands a 100 times a day. It was a challenge I can say that.

GMES

Hairy and proud
Staff member
Admin
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
You might get a mention in the New Years Honours List; Services to the Community. :catface:
I got one of them once
Oh hang on sorry mine was community service:rolleyes:

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
Nearly finished it, Thank God!!

Lady owner, Occupied, junk in every possible place, 26 cats (cat litters & food everywhere), cement board in half of the house, plywood boards in the attic, all brick, micro-bore heating pipes everywhere, neigbours moaning about the noise & to top it off a BS951 clamp used on the sheath for TN-S.

The worst one so far this year, just having a rant.

Merry x-mas all.
Did you agree to do this or did your boss?

I never quote for lived in rewires - NEVER!

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
26 potential curries and you left hungry.

Taylortwocities

Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms

Here here.

Move the bloomin furniture.
Must have the power on, I want to watch Emmerdale.
Look at all the dust. I didn't think you'd make so much mess.
I need that bedroom this weekend, I have 10 people coming to stay.
And just as you have finished a room.....oh sorry, i meant to say we are having a wardrobe there now, can you move the socket to the other side of the room.

Grr grr. No thank you sir, got better things to do with my time.

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
I wonder who does all the lived in rewires? Perhaps they never get done. Somebody must be making a carp load of money, if no one wants to do them :)

Ib≤In≤Iz

Electrician's Arms
Did you agree to do this or did your boss?

I did stupidly. It would have been ok if the cats were not around & she moved everything like I had told her.

She got moving though after I told her it would be extra £ if I was to move it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.