Discuss Rewire from hell in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

We did a rewire the other month, lived in, typical 3-bed semi. It wasn't a great deal of hassle as she had no carpets down or anything, but the house was absolutely lifting. I only worked one day on it and I was bad - I mean laid up in bed bad. It was just full of dog hair, car hair, dust, dirt, you name it. The lads were taking the mick out of me for being bad "from a little cat hair". I had the last laugh because by the end of the week both of them were bad with it too.

We've also been asked to price a house rewire that seemed to be used as an Amazon NE warehouse - boxes every where. We priced high, very high, and said if they moved all the boxes out as well as themselves for the duration that it would instantly be £2k cheaper. "Oh ok, we'll find somewhere to store all the boxes then" - still haven't heard back from them.

We did a rewire the other month, lived in, typical 3-bed semi. It wasn't a great deal of hassle as she had no carpets down or anything, but the house was absolutely lifting. I only worked one day on it and I was bad - I mean laid up in bed bad. It was just full of dog hair, car hair, dust, dirt, you name it. The lads were taking the mick out of me for being bad "from a little cat hair". I had the last laugh because by the end of the week both of them were bad with it too.

We've also been asked to price a house rewire that seemed to be used as an Amazon NE warehouse - boxes every where. We priced high, very high, and said if they moved all the boxes out as well as themselves for the duration that it would instantly be £2k cheaper. "Oh ok, we'll find somewhere to store all the boxes then" - still haven't heard back from them.
Bet the box's are high to the ceiling.? lol Reminds me years ago we work in some old lady's house, she was a bit eccentric, bloody newspapers stacked high it was like walking round a maze, the place would have gone up like a tinder box . If there were a fire.

Reply to Rewire from hell in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock