SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Rewire question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Evening all.

Just a quick one. I've been asked to price for a rewire. I work for a NIC registered company and are not registered myself.

Can I do it or will I need someone to sign of my cert?

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
You can issue a certificate as a competent person, but how will you notify this work ?

The company you work for could ultimately adopt the job and notify it To the building control.
not strictly the way it should be done but If they trust your work then for a drink I’m sure you could come up with some sort of ‘arrangement’....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The company you work for could ultimately adopt the job and notify it To the building control.
not strictly the way it should be done but If they trust your work then for a drink I’m sure you could come up with some sort of ‘arrangement’....
Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I hate asking for a favour.

-
Arms
Esteemed
Or if its a job on the side could end up sacked :oops: Best to check with employer first before doing the job.

To do it right and go through getting insurance, registering self employed and submitting tax return...well Only Fools & Horses sum it up best
No income tax, no V.A.T.,
No money back, no guarantee

Or if its a job on the side could end up sacked :oops: Best to check with employer first before doing the job.

To do it right and go through getting insurance, registering self employed and submitting tax return...well Only Fools & Horses sum it up best
No income tax, no V.A.T.,
No money back, no guarantee
🤔 I doubt id get the sack, but I see where your coming from. I'll say it's for a relative, that's probably all I can do. I really fancy getting registered, suppose that's the only way to avoid all the red tape.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
🤔 I doubt id get the sack, but I see where your coming from. I'll say it's for a relative, that's probably all I can do. I really fancy getting registered, suppose that's the only way to avoid all the red tape.
If you really want to get registered you could use this job as your assessment job.

If you really want to get registered you could use this job as your assessment job.
Good idea. How would that work though? I would have to do the job and certify it.

A being unregistered and
B not informing building control

??

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Good idea. How would that work though? I would have to do the job and certify it.

A being unregistered and
B not informing building control

??
You book in with a scheme and pay your money. They come and look at your job and once registered you notify it 👍

Reply to Rewire question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom