Discuss Rewire question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all.

Just a quick one. I've been asked to price for a rewire. I work for a NIC registered company and are not registered myself.

Can I do it or will I need someone to sign of my cert?

The company you work for could ultimately adopt the job and notify it To the building control.
not strictly the way it should be done but If they trust your work then for a drink I’m sure you could come up with some sort of ‘arrangement’....

The company you work for could ultimately adopt the job and notify it To the building control.
not strictly the way it should be done but If they trust your work then for a drink I’m sure you could come up with some sort of ‘arrangement’....

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I hate asking for a favour.

Or if its a job on the side could end up sacked :oops: Best to check with employer first before doing the job.

To do it right and go through getting insurance, registering self employed and submitting tax return...well Only Fools & Horses sum it up best
No income tax, no V.A.T.,
No money back, no guarantee

Or if its a job on the side could end up sacked :oops: Best to check with employer first before doing the job.

To do it right and go through getting insurance, registering self employed and submitting tax return...well Only Fools & Horses sum it up best
No income tax, no V.A.T.,
No money back, no guarantee

? I doubt id get the sack, but I see where your coming from. I'll say it's for a relative, that's probably all I can do. I really fancy getting registered, suppose that's the only way to avoid all the red tape.

? I doubt id get the sack, but I see where your coming from. I'll say it's for a relative, that's probably all I can do. I really fancy getting registered, suppose that's the only way to avoid all the red tape.

If you really want to get registered you could use this job as your assessment job.

Good idea. How would that work though? I would have to do the job and certify it.

A being unregistered and
B not informing building control

??

You book in with a scheme and pay your money. They come and look at your job and once registered you notify it ?

Reply to Rewire question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net