Discuss Rewire taking off peak into separate sub dis board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jamminuk

Hi,

We're re-wiring a flat that currently has a split load board with an off peak section for some convector heaters and 2 storage heaters. The off peak has its own meter that is radio controlled. We need to rewire the board and put the off peak into a separate board via a henley block, just wondered if this was just a case of taking the off peak supply into the new board and wire the rest as per usual, just wasn't sure how the meter situation worked?

Thanks

Ben

obviously the metering company would come out and make safe before they move the tails over to your new DB's.

gotta be careful with radio and timer meters.

could be working on something that's dead, next minute you know the timer kicks in and turns on the power to you unsuspectingly working on the circuit !

Reply to Rewire taking off peak into separate sub dis board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

if a house has economy 7, off peak board and on peak board. and where the meter only energizes the off peak board during the night for the storage...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Evening Gents just after a bit of advice and what would you do differently. I have wired up 3 kw heaters in 4mm tuff cable (40 meter distance...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock