Discuss Rewire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My work's van has the niceic logo although no one on our site (holiday park) is an electrician and we use only sub contractors (which is why I'm sending myself to college and had a word with one of our contractors who'll let me shadow him when he's on site and I'm free). When I queried this with our powers that be they said it was allowed as our company is niceic registered and we use niceic contractors. Still feels wrong to me :/

I agree, it seems to misrepresent the public over your businesses capabilities. I don't advertise fire alrms on my van because I know someone who is qualified and will sub to me.

I'm Elecsa too Guitarist, I've been quite impressed and find their tech help very useful to clarify things. I've got my assessment on Tues but I'm gonna have to try hard to not hack him off with 'why am I bothering' questions.

I'm surprised they allow that, after all they want your money too as well as everyone else's,
Lets just say you have a nic subbie you use and you fall out with him and something goes terribly wrong your going to be sued to the hilt by Nic as your not a member!!! Then the Nic will encourage you to join them.

That is the worst website I've ever seen. I've just emailed NICEIC asking if they are registered. They're not on the NICEIC wall of shame.

I know a heating company who uses Nic guy they have Nic logo on there heating vans etc they got rid of nic sparky and employed sparkys mate non Nic so whilst he was enrolling as Nic they were not Nic registered and ended up on the wall of shame ( mis use of logo suppose)

So what you guys are saying is that I can put any logo I like on my van/stationary/business as long as I say I will subby to tradesmen who are registered with those firms?
I'm sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

My work's van has the niceic logo although no one on our site (holiday park) is an electrician and we use only sub contractors (which is why I'm sending myself to college and had a word with one of our contractors who'll let me shadow him when he's on site and I'm free). When I queried this with our powers that be they said it was allowed as our company is niceic registered and we use niceic contractors. Still feels wrong to me :/

And who said apprenticeships are dead? :dizzy2:

Advertising being a Scam scheme member because you use scam scheme subbies is just wrong.

It's false advertising end of story.....not saying this is what's happening BUT it's open to abuse as all a customer see's is the scam logo and believe's the guy/lass on the doorstep is the qaulified scam member......just wrong.

Reply to Rewire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net