Discuss Rewiring a flat in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello I'm Dave, im new here so please be gentle with me. I am looking to do my first job for my cps scheme, rewire flat with plasterboard walls and ceilings. I would like advise on the best way to chase cable routes to minimize repair work, but also allows for cables to be sufficiently fixed throughout the entire length, any pics examples would be fab from you pros thanks a million

TL;DR
Chasing flat plasterboard for rewire
Reaction score
With the 18th including that cables above ceiling should be fixed with fp fixings etc, plus I dont want the risk of the cables floating about in case they were to be inadvertently pulled upon when changing a lamp for example

Reaction score
cables dangling down inside studded walls complies with most new build practices. advantage is if sombody drills into wall, cable/s will move away. no bangs.
From an engineering perspective i agree, many thanks. If I may add the customer has a 60amp plastic wylex isolator at the incomer, the tails are 16mm to my knowledge. The cu is over 3 meters away. The customer is trying to achieve a very minimal look ie kitchen sockets in the kitchen units, operated by gang modules. The customer really has a budget for reconfiguring not rewiring, but due to the fact the wiring is red and black and he wants every socket and switch moves I believe a rewire is better to eliminate jointing of the cables

Reaction score
From an engineering perspective i agree, many thanks. If I may add the customer has a 60amp plastic wylex isolator at the incomer, the tails are 16mm to my knowledge. The cu is over 3 meters away. The customer is trying to achieve a very minimal look ie kitchen sockets in the kitchen units, operated by gang modules. The customer really has a budget for reconfiguring not rewiring, but due to the fact the wiring is red and black and he wants every socket and switch moves I believe a rewire is better to eliminate jointing of the cables
I am level 3, 18th, 2391 52 just for to confirm. Forgive my questions but due to taking on my own work I really want to ensure I do it to the best of my capabilities. Thanks for your speedy non judgemental expertise

Reaction score
Would you agree?

Reply to Rewiring a flat in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.