Discuss RHI / MCS 4 ASHPs - 4 flats - 4 submeters and 1 main meter (MPAN) in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mattty

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this type of situation.

I have had an inquiry from a client with a converted house which is now 4 flats all have had individual ASHPs installed, but each flat is on a sub-meter from the original MPAN meter.

I understand that the MPAN is recorded on the MCS certificate when an installation has taken place, but can multiple MCS certificates be completed for the same technology on the same MPAN?

The owner of all the flats in looking to claim the RHI, but the current installer says that only one MCS certificate can be completed as there is only one MPAN meter.

Is this correct? Or is there a cost reason for not doing multiple MCS certificates?

I suspect the easiest option may be to have a proper meter installed for each flat.

A call to the mcs helpline will soon establish whether x4 ashp can be on the same mpan. I suspect they can. I doubt the mcs registration process checks an mpan has not been used for a particular technology before. Certainly you can have more than one mcs pv system on a single mpan.

The more important criterion in order to claim the domestic rhi will be for each flat to have its own council tax I believe.

Hi Matty, see my response over at the Plumbers forum :)

Ofgem were very quick to respond.

Thank you for your email.

As long as the heat pumps are installed in 4 different flats with their own EPC’s and Green Deal Advice Reports, the customer would be able to apply for each of them individually. He would need to apply as a landlord for each.

Having one electricity import meter has no bearings on the Domestic RHI scheme.

The heat pumps must however only supply heat to one Domestic dwelling each.

I hope this has helped.

Kind regards,

Awesome
RHI / MCS 4 ASHPs - 4 flats - 4 submeters and 1 main meter (MPAN) {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
Thanks for posting that up Mattw

AS John "Hannibal" Smith used to say "I love it when a plan comes together"
RHI / MCS 4 ASHPs - 4 flats - 4 submeters and 1 main meter (MPAN) {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to RHI / MCS 4 ASHPs - 4 flats - 4 submeters and 1 main meter (MPAN) in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock