Discuss Rhino labels in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Do'es anyone out there use a rhino label printer, and if so are they any good? As sometimes i find you can have very little room to mark up ciruits, plus if all you have at hand is a biro you can garantee you will smudge what you have written in your best spider out of inkpot writing.

not used them myself, but understand they are the dog's nuts.

i got a brother. can i change size and font? can i buggery. it's too complicated for anyone over the age of 12.

I have a Brother P touch, the labels are good and as I am under 12 I can change the font!
However the labels are very expensive (they are pretty much the same price for all makes of label printer) and lots is wasted so set the margins to minimum.
You do need to consider which type of label you need for the application so they stick and stay.
However looks much better than marker pen/biro and you can fit quite a lot on a label.

agree. at least an inch and a half is wasted at both ends. you buy the machine for £14.95 and then find a new tape is £17.95. how the hell do you change font ans size? i hit the buttons, change it on the display, and then it goes back to whatever it was before. and i bet you're only under 12 when you go on those dodgy dating internet sites. LOL.

agree. at least an inch and a half is wasted at both ends. you buy the machine for £14.95 and then find a new tape is £17.95. how the hell do you change font ans size? i hit the buttons, change it on the display, and then it goes back to whatever it was before. and i bet you're only under 12 when you go on those dodgy dating internet sites. LOL.
Oh was that you on that site then, I thought the speech was similar:eek:!

Right got the printer in front of me
SIZE: Function (menu) -> size...return...arrow keys to select small/large/medium...return. Little arrow above the top left should be over the size selected.
FONT STYLE: Function(menu)...arrow keys to style...return...arrow keys to bold etc...return. symbols top right should show up.
BOX/UNDERLINE:Function(menu)...arrow keys to UNDL/Frame...return...arrow keys to bold etc...retun. symbols bottom right should show up.

Might be you are not pressing return after selecting.

Margin: set to narrow, (though this does default back to wide easily) then you get 3/4 inch waste at the front and about 1/4 waste at the end, they must have been laughing when they set that default, with the £7 cost of label cartridges (wish I could get refills to wind back on).
All the promotional pictures show labels with very short wastage which is not possible!
(Do not know about the other makes but probably similar)
Save label waste by printing all your labels as one print with a long string of text then cutting it by hand.

Reply to Rhino labels in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock