Discuss Richmond Grid 500 dimmer...thoughts please...? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening All...

Just seeing if anyone has used any of these before ?

Richmond Lighting | Grid 500

If so would like to see how you rate ?

And also trying to find out if there any other alternatives that go up to 500w for a comparison ?

Many Thanks,

Sy

Last edited:
Just been looking for the same thing myself to replace a failed dimmer in a 3g grid array (and found this whilst googling). The only other one I've found is:
Zano Controls White 500W Push Dimmer Module, White PVC Switches UK Electrical Supplies

Other than that it's replace all of the other modules with something like these (but they require two module positions):
Slider Grid Dimmer Switch 60-630va - White

Think it might be time to suggest rearranging the lighting circuits and introducing a few more dimmers.

There are a few nicer ones here (but they only require a single gang backbox):
WRC Shop Page (Overview) - RetroTouch Designer Light Switches & Plug Socket

We have used probably 30-40 over the last 8-10 years , from memory the only problem we have had has been a couple that were dead from the start !
We normally get them from Denmans and maybe from CEF as well .

I enquired about them strangly in wholesalers today about replacing some dimmers on a job that were close to 400w limits and found out richmond have changed names. Racking my brain what the company is now called but if it says richmond on pack its now deamed old stock.

Reply to Richmond Grid 500 dimmer...thoughts please...? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net