Discuss Ridiculous pricing ? OMG!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bsharp

-
Reaction score
Hi I haven’t posted for a while to be honest I’ve been flat out, but I’ve just lost a job based on cost and was wondering ball park figures what people think this job is worth below.

house require (new build) very big!!
3 bed each with en-suite
Master bed with walk-in wardrobe
Family bathroom
Office
Pantry/Plantroom
Utility room kitchen
Dining room
Lounge
Entrance hall (vaulted ceiling)
Triple garage/workshop
Games room above

to give an idea of size
56 twin socket
60 lighting points (pendants and wall lights)
18 downlights
10 out lights
Garage to have 6 x twin Led anti-corrosive batten 8 x twin socket (all in Galv tube)
8 cat 6 data cables
8 x TV point
5 x extract fan
8 cam cctv inc monitor
Under floor heating through out with radiators aswell, so all heating controls multiple room stats etc.
2 x consumer unit (surge protected)
40 metre approx sub main.
2 x externalfeeds to reconnect (feeding out houses)
And all usual stuff smokes, cooker feed, multiple light switches as you can imagine.
Let me know your thoughts on estimated costs and I’ll amaze you with the price that beat mine, which unbelievably the customer has gone for.
cheers fro reading.

4k for materials
2k to pay the dodgy I can do lectrix guy from down the pub
4k in my pocket for naff all work
so 10k should be ok
:D:D:D:D:D;)

I don't know the going rate for CCTV and alarms, etc, but looking down that list I think the £15k start price from hasel5 would be more realistic.

There’s a few bits I’ve not included as you can imagine out lights couple of out sockets etc etc. My price was £1120ish so all your costs sound there or there abouts. Materials around 4K.

customer has gone with a price for all the above of..... wait for it...... £4900!!!!!!!!
Bearing in mind the customer is a tradesman himself would’ve thought they would see the price is bollo***** unbelievable!!!!!

£1120 seems a bit low, presume you meant £11200.
keep on good terms with the customer, he might need you to come and finish the job when the other spark does a runner with the cash.

Well I was going to say around £10,000 as a ball point figure without really sitting down to work it out !
At that price, materials must have fallen off the back of a lorry and working for peanuts per hour

There’s a few bits I’ve not included as you can imagine out lights couple of out sockets etc etc. My price was £1120ish so all your costs sound there or there abouts. Materials around 4K.

customer has gone with a price for all the above of..... wait for it...... £4900!!!!!!!!
Bearing in mind the customer is a tradesman himself would’ve thought they would see the price is bollo***** unbelievable!!!!!
Can only think that is a labour only price and the 'tradesman' can get the parts 'cheaper'

Still low ball but otherwise it will be a total cluster.

£1120 seems a bit low, presume you meant £11200.
keep on good terms with the customer, he might need you to come and finish the job when the other spark does a runner with the cash.
Yer £11200 oops!!! That’s what I’ll do Maybe if they get a written quote (which surely they haven’t) they will come back.

Or maybe they’ve found the worlds best and most generous spark?? Actually now I think about it fair play to the boy doing his bit for charity ???

quick look at OP. i'd be saying around £15 -18K.

Last edited by a moderator:
£14,500 (not including the cctv which I would price seperat)

Wouldn’t touch it for less than 14 grand , if they want it done for under 14 grand they can find somebody else

I think my £1120 is perfectly ok for the region I work in, all though I appreciate people’s opinions on higher prices. I’m still slightly expecting to hear that a “typo”was to blame!!

Reply to Ridiculous pricing ? OMG!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net