Discuss Ridiculous pricing ? OMG!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

£14,500 (not including the cctv which I would price seperat)

Wouldn’t touch it for less than 14 grand , if they want it done for under 14 grand they can find somebody else

£14,500 (not including the cctv which I would price seperat)

Wouldn’t touch it for less than 14 grand , if they want it done for under 14 grand they can find somebody else

How much profit would you make on that job ?
i did 2 x similar new builds last year for 10k each and made a substantial amount of money . 5 - 6 weeks total job - 3-4 k materials your earning nearly 2k per week ?
[automerge]1596571234[/automerge]
i did 2 x similar new builds last year for 10k each and made a substantial amount of money . 5 - 6 weeks total job - 3-4 k materials your earning nearly 2k per week ?

I have overlooked the garage and galv tube :(

Why are rewiring a new build anyways?....ignore me my reading is as bad as your typing ?......require=rewire.....think I need a holiday ?

[automerge]1596571234[/automerge]

I have overlooked the garage and galv tube :(

i was fairly generous on my materials estimate, I allowed 5k for all the materials. And gave my self 9k to get the job done.
if I really wanted the job and if it was good builder who I regularly did work for I would do it for less...

:tearsofjoy: lol jesus we'd be closer to £15-20k for that lot, south london/Surrey area. He's going to get burnt! if he cant see that then you probably dodged a bullet and he'd have been a pain in the --- client anyway.

more thank likely , the company I used to work for in south London who did big upper market houses would easily be £20,000+ and some.
we often did domestic jobs with £90-100,000 spent on electrical

I look forward to seeing pictures on here in a few weeks of the job when yohr back sorting it out. Not sure how anyone has came to that price.

look forward to seeing pictures on here in a few weeks of the job when yohr back sorting it out. Not sure how anyone has came to
Yeah when the customer digging a hole for the spark that cocked it up. Hello is that the spark you quoted a few weeks ago, can you come quick please, on your bike my price was not good enough.

Are we sure the 4900 isn’t just the materials quote and the actual labour is going to be day rate..??

Lost a job recently to our EE friends! Client contacted me and said they've nearly finished can you come and test now!! Not a chance !!...... they just don't get the process do they?
From my experience they expect you to drop at their feet when required. That's not how I work sadly.

Let the other person crack on, i think you were a little cheap, its alright if you can get in and out, but its very rare in these larger jobs. there's always a few niggles to get around on the second fix so id be looking at around £16,000 at least.

Lost a job recently to our EE friends! Client contacted me and said they've nearly finished can you come and test now!! Not a chance !!...... they just don't get the process do they?

It is a shame there isn’t a way you could make some money legitimately testing and certifying someone’s else’s installation

Bite Thier hand off, test it, fail it, price for remedial work...I think they have it spot on.....if nothing else you've got a testing fee for something you already know to be a fail before setting foot in the place.

Reply to Ridiculous pricing ? OMG!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net