Discuss ring mains in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

IRB

Would it be acceptable to have 4 ring mains, 1 for each floor of a 4 storey house? Washing machine and dryer are going in the basement and not the kitchen, or does the kitchen need its own feed? The CU is in the basement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would personally put 4 radials in, the basement in 4mm from a 32A MCB the rest in 2.5mm on a 20A MCB, with the kitchen on its own supply

The kitchen will only have a fridge and toaster kettle etc, and there will only b 5 more dble sockets on that floor as well as the kitchen, would it not b ok to have that as a ring?

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't a right and wrong way, everyone would do it different, but yes it would be acceptable (as long as volt drop and Zs are ok)

Its all about what you may expect to be on the circuit, if you are happy that the load on a kitchen radial will not exceed the 20 amps then thats fine
as said, obviously the basement with the heavy loads need a bit more, personally I would install a ring there because what you might gain in time not running that final leg you may well loose out in cost of the cable and it would be slightly easier to install 2-5

Reply to ring mains in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
Currently planning a new rewire for my kitchen and want to get things right first time when it comes to appliances consumptions and circuits...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I'm designing my new kitchen and trying to plan where things will go. I currently have a 6 switch panel for the appliances (hob...
Replies
Views
Bit of advise if anyone has time.. I have a customer who brought a new kitchen from wrens. Customer has had the route to the kitsch redecorated...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just found this forum last night and figured I would post my issue since I can't find much out there with a similar situation. My job...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock