Discuss Ring Pro Doorbell power adapter? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

CROMS

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping you can advise as i have no experience with electrics.

I’d like to purchase the Ring Pro Doorbell as below which needs a constant power feed - requirements on the site, 16-24 vac transformer.

Video Doorbell Pro - https://ring.com/video-doorbell-pro

I dont have an exisiting powered doorbell so have been searching for alternatives to having an electrician over to connect to the CU - which is too far from the front door.

I’ve found and orderd the plug in adapter below on amazon which states i can just plug it into the wall and power the bell

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ring+doorbell+adapter

Do you guys think this is suitable? I receieved the item today, its made in china, not ce marked or anything - bit concerned about load/fuses and basically blowing up the bell or at worse the adapter.

If this isnt suitable is there a plug in alternative, really look for ease and avoid wiring to the CU which isnt viable. I have a plug socket very close ot the door which is why this is preferable.

Thanks

Do you guys think this is suitable? I receieved the item today, its made in china, not ce marked or anything - bit concerned about load/fuses and basically blowing up the bell or at worse the adapter.

If this isnt suitable is there a plug in alternative, really look for ease and avoid wiring to the CU which isnt viable. I have a plug socket very close ot the door which is why this is preferable.
crack on.

Looks made for the job.
I'll post the link on the other thread too.

Are these the ones that you use to tell the burglar the house is empty and no one is home?

Reply to Ring Pro Doorbell power adapter? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net