Discuss RIP Pc Keith Palmer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
RIP to Pc Keith Palmer. Said to see him and other people lose their lives in another senseless attack. As a species, it sees we put little value on life.

“..each bloodletting hastens the next, and as the value of human life is degraded and violence becomes tolerated, the unimaginable becomes more conceivable.” (Bill Clinton)

We seem incapable of learning as a species. We continue to make the same mistakes and cause even greater suffering.
Ultimately we seem unable to move beyond thinking of ourselves.
A sad loss. As they always are.

I agree with the sentiments regards people who have lost their life and my sincere sympathy goes out to the people harmed in another attack among a myriad of attacks.
I disagree that we as a species do not value life and can not learn. Or at least you can count me out of that perception. There are many people who do care and do value life, and who would not do what we have once again witnessed. The people perpetrating such attacks are not like me or many others. They are the ones who do not value lives and will never learn. There are a different people around than that. Please do not tar all people with the same brush, discriminate.

I take your point Vortigern, well made. In the days to follow, dare say we'll hear of verbal retaliation by small minded people against the same creed as the perpetrator.

I listened today on a short clip on BBC News web site of a Muslim family in US, subject to abusive phone calls, just because of who there are.

There was a photo of a woman wearing a Hijab, on her iPhone walking past the victims on Westminster Bridge, it went viral apparently. But there was another picture of a white European male walking in the opposite direction doing the same that didn't.

My point was directed at the disproportional views of the minority, that achieve consensus within their small world. There's so much badness, big & small in this world, and we still walk by. Those that don't are called hero's.

@Midwest thankyou for that acknowledgement. It is sad that you are right about what you say. As sure as Sun follows rain. From what I see in the country today and indeed the world, compared to my childhood, at the present trajectory I worry for my children and grandchildren.

Me sister has 20 years in,with GMP,always says 99% boredom,1% sheer terror - hell of a price for a person to pay,during a normal working day,just to ensure we have, what we expect.

this PC was on duty outside the house of commons. with all the recent fears of a terrorist attack, why was he not either armed or wearing body armour? i think the higher echelons of the MET have a lot to answer for here.

Agree Middy, I see IS have held their hands up for this mindless attack, better not say any more or the the Police will be around my house, for saying things I should possibly keep to myself,
this PC was on duty outside the house of commons. with all the recent fears of a terrorist attack, why was he not either armed or wearing body armour? i think the higher echelons of the MET have a lot to answer for here.
Far to busy down the nearest Lodge to worry about things like that.

As our beloved government has stated we will be strong and not fear. I suppose if I had armed guards around me then I might feel a bit stronger. And of course the government feeling brave and strong is comfort indeed. Hoisted on their own petard methinks. Our beloved prime minister was only forty yards from getting harmed I understand, which would have been a terrible thing indeed. I suppose they thought it would only be the hoi poloi that would be killed by the odd culture enricher, must have been a surprise it came so close. Yes indeed @Pete999 you had better keep silent (and me) or we will end up in prison. As it has been said if you want to know who rules you look at who you are not allowed to criticise.

Having visited the HoP, the gate in question is easily recognised, have a peak on Google. The entrance is right up against the public thoroughfare, in a busy tourist spot. Used as a vehicular entrance by members of the HoP.The entrance seems to be policed by unarmed officers with armed support. It also seems in this case that the perpetrator was shot by armed protection officers from a protected person (other than a uniformed armed officer), who may have just used the entrance with their protected person?

I've seen all of those officers wearing PPE, including ballistic/stab vest. Which in this case didn't function, or the officers wasn't wearing (unlikely but possible), or it didn't work, or the officer was stabbed outside it's remit.

Edit; HoP is policed by unarmed and armed officers, at various points.

Reply to RIP Pc Keith Palmer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock