Discuss Roads in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of travelling over the past couple of months with work. We're even busier than normal for this time of year. With industry offline and lower demand for electricity power stations are trying to catch up on maintenance. One thing I've noticed is the roads. Obviously a lot quieter than normal. It's now a pleasure to drive a few hundred miles in a day. Get on the motorway, set the cruise control and actually have a bit of time to see what's around me as I drive. Even with the roads empty there's still the centre lane only drivers. Nothing else for miles and a car sat in the middle lane doing 65. I'll never understand that. It really seems strange stopping off mid day at a services and you can count the vehicles in the car park on one hand.
20200504_175914.jpg

It's getting busier now though. Coming home last week the M1 was the busiest I've seen for a while. Same amount of lorries but a lot more cars than there have been. I'll see what it's like this afternoon. A little trek from s.Wales to Grimsby for the week.

Reply to Roads in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Is it just me or is the general standard of driving going down hill? I had a 'little' commute home yesterday, from Irvine in Scotland to just...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm a recently qualified C&G Level 2. I have my 18th edition on the way in the next few weeks. I have a CCNSG AND IPAF 3a/b card, happy...
Replies
Views
Started getting sick on Tuesday last week and I thought it was just one of the normal bugs that go around when winter starts arriving. By...
Replies
Views
M
Peugeot 206 cc 2003 - The story so far...... whilst driving in the rain my wipers stopped working resulting in recovery back to my house with the...
Replies
Views
mrpinky
M
B
Hi all, I am posting because I have a problem with my leisure battery. It is losing charge. It is a 230AH 12V lead acid Varta leisure battery, I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock