Discuss Robin KTS 1630 test leads in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kingeri

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm desperate for a set of test leads for my Robin KTS 1630. The one I particularly need is the live test lead, the thing stopping me using a generic set is the round three-pin connector at the tester end, this seems to be extinct on modern testers. Any ideas? At the very least I could do with the crocodile clips that go on the end of the probes, again standard banana ones don't fit.

I love my old tester and it would be a shame to have to retire him just because the leads have had it.

The modern testers tend to use the 'kettle lead' type connector, but this is a smaller round 3-pin one. I'll see if I can put a pic up tomorrow. And thanks ;)

So, the plug is this:

WP_20131202_012.jpg

And the probes are like this:
WP_20131202_013.jpg

The problem is that I no longer have any croc clips to go on these so it is exceedingly hard to test!

so cut the plug off and solder a joint in your new leads to the old plug with a few inches of leads on it. heat shrink sleeving. job done.

Yeah that might be my only option. I just prefer to have non-patched together leads. But it certainly beats forking out for a new tester!

Just a thought...
Break open the old bird and fit a different socket, or 3 4mm sockets (or are they plugs??!! :) )
Then you could use some new leads.

Believe me Archy, it may come to that. I would prefer to make up an adapter instead though, not sure I want to start tinkering inside her!

Kingeri - the three pin connector that fits into your Robin looks identical to the one that Seaward use on some of their newer PAT's. I've done a bit of research and it would seem megger do a similar set of leads as the 3 pin connector was used on the MFT1552 and MFT1553 (Tel - this is the socket for the mains test lead on the side of your Megger). Google 'Megger 1001-883' - I reckon these leads should do you.

Kingeri - the three pin connector that fits into your Robin looks identical to the one that Seaward use on some of their newer PAT's. I've done a bit of research and it would seem megger do a similar set of leads as the 3 pin connector was used on the MFT1552 and MFT1553 (Tel - this is the socket for the mains test lead on the side of your Megger). Google 'Megger 1001-883' - I reckon these leads should do you.

I've had a look at these and it looks like it might be the right one - thanks very much! I don't suppose you stock them?

I've had a look at these and it looks like it might be the right one - thanks very much! I don't suppose you stock them?

We can get hold of them from Megger, but we don't carry them in stock at the moment. PM if you want a price - it might be worth calling Megger to see if they can confirm that they'll work with your Robin.

Reply to Robin KTS 1630 test leads in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net