Discuss Roblin Lotus M900ee Range Hood-fuse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I replaced one of the halogen lights in the hood and after replacing the globe the hood ceased working totally. I assume there is a fuse that controls all power to the hood as the house circuit to the kitchen was not tripped. I have searched everywhere for the fuse but have not managed to find it, the only place I haven’t searched is in the plastic electrical block above the light. I have seen pictures online of what the inside of the electrical block looks like but I cant get the block open to see if the fuse is in it or not. I doubt it is inside the block but I need advice on how to open the block to see.
As I have looked everywhere else without luck its the last resort.
If anyone can help me to find this fuse I would really appreciate it as the alternative is to replace the hood which I am very reluctant to do for a $2 fuse.

I replaced one of the halogen lights in the hood and after replacing the globe the hood ceased working totally. I assume there is a fuse that controls all power to the hood as the house circuit to the kitchen was not tripped. I have searched everywhere for the fuse but have not managed to find it, the only place I haven’t searched is in the plastic electrical block above the light. I have seen pictures online of what the inside of the electrical block looks like but I cant get the block open to see if the fuse is in it or not. I doubt it is inside the block but I need advice on how to open the block to see.
If anyone can help me to find this fuse I would really appreciate it as the alternative is to replace the hood which I am very reluctant to do for a $2 fuse.
Is there a wall mounted switch that controls the hood? might be a fused connection unit.

Is there a wall mounted switch that controls the hood? might be a fused connection unit.
UNFORTUNATELY not That I can find
[automerge]1579890639[/automerge]
it looks as if there is only a single power cable next to the hood that goes into a junction box that branches off to the oven and the hood. `there is no fused spur to any of these cables.

UNFORTUNATELY not That I can find
[automerge]1579890639[/automerge]
it looks as if there is only a single power cable next to the hood that goes into a junction box that branches off to the oven and the hood. `there is no fused spur to any of these cables.
Maybe time for the Electrinique to ave a butchers then.

If the hood has switches mounted on a circuit board it is common for the copper circuit board tracks to be blown off when a bulb blows, especially if the supply to the hood isn't protected with a small ~3 amp fuse.

Unfortunately the circuit breaker switches are not thrown, so we assume there must be a fuse somewhere but we cant find it. Herein lies the problem.
[automerge]1579942541[/automerge]
Looks like only alternative is to get in a French electrician to have a look. Unfortunately my French is very limited. Thanks for your input though.

ERoberts I don’t think you have a fuse blown. You need to access the wiring for that light and that’s where your problem is. Good luck

Thank you Midwest. There's nothing behind the chimney. Only thing I haven't been able to check is the power module because I can't get the cover off. There look to be two empty fixes for screws or Alan keys, either side of the cover. Ive looked for a seam to prize open the box but no seam obvious and whole box moves. Power cables go into the module but unless I can open this I can't tell if one of the elements has blown or not. don't want to yank the box in case something breaks and Im forced to buy a new hood. Looking at €6-700 euros plus labour to dismantle existing and instal new. Not to be sniffed at.

Reply to Roblin Lotus M900ee Range Hood-fuse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net