Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Rogue Traders in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

P

poppypiesdad

When oh when are we going to see

ROUGE CUSTOMERS, some of these do gooding TV presenters that know very little about the Trade in hand (whatever it is)
and how customers refuse to pay for work done

Would love to see that

Jamie

P

Philpot

Good to see that there are some areas that chase up these Rogues. There's a long way to go.

Phil

O

oldtimer

Good to see that there are some areas that chase up these Rogues. There's a long way to go.

Phil
Token amount me thinks plus you will probably find that the customer in this case did all the running

E

Engineer54

Someone should have asked that spokesperson how many other rouge electrical traders they have prosecuted for supplying unsafe installations?? What's the betting the answer would have been none ....or this is the first!!! lol!!

I think oldtimer has it bang on, it was the customer that did all the running and banging on doors!!!

F

Fin170

Some of the people on those programs sort of ask for it...

"He quoted £30 less than the other builder so I paid the full £60,000 cash upfront then he disappeared to some country i can't pronounce.....So now my house has been left in a dangerous state for months and *something something sympathy my kids* but incidentally have you seen my brand new freelander?"

I think that was on the one with don and that blond tart, wish I could find customers like that.....

S

sparks1973

firstly....a lot of these `electricians`...simply arn`t...
secondly....when are we going to see more `rogue customer` programs..
easy, cheap telly just to get that little goblin to go round chasing trades...whilst Ms. Messenger goes on the tap....

Should be named and shamed and jailed

1shortcircuit

Who on their nelly would upfront so much money? I have seen umpteen amounts of these programs and not one of them I can think "yeah, fair do's that work warrants that deposit" lmao

As some have said, some deserve it and other clients should be on there:thumbsup

S

sbelec

Rogue traders come in every guise and you will note that the people who get prosecuted are normally sole traders or small businesses. A recent prosecution where a young lady was killed I got involved in a discussion with the electrical safety council and my final comment to them was simple: "there but for the grace of god go I, to prison". I installed a new radial, fully tested and powered up and left. Went back a week later and plasterers had been in and taken off the sockets to plaster and not reconnected earth between sockets 2 and 3 so the result was no earth on 2 sockets (this was RCD protected) but I am willing to bet it would have been my fault and some expert witness from NICEIC or the ECA would have told them so. God only knows why I stuck my socket tester in each socket whilst I was there, I shouldn't have needed to.
A major company installed storage heaters in a house, 2 rate meter through 4 pole isolator to 2 consumer units, house and heating (timed). No problem apart from the only paperwork said "installed consumer unit, 3 storage heaters". There was no electrical installation certificate and no letter from building control, new circuits are notifiable and guess what - nobody wants to know........ Who paid the Governmant under one of these grants.....
A meter company installed a new meter whilst I was at a house and did no tests, guess what - no earth whatsoever. The metal sheath had been damaged on the TNS under the ground, enw came in and converted to TNC-s as the damage was on their damaged cable.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Rogue Traders in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom