Discuss Rolec SecuriCharge. in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

westward10

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Was doing a periodic last week and came across one of these outside a factory. The factory has a TN-C-S earthing system and is connected direct to it using the supply earth.
I have nothing to do with EV points so is this acceptable or will it require an electrode?

Unless the bonded steel structure of the factory or lightning protection is acting as a suite earth electrode then yes, earth electrode required.
The structural steelwork is bonded so this could satisfy even with the PME earth still connected to the EV unit?

The structural steelwork is bonded so this could satisfy even with the PME earth still connected to the EV unit?

If that structural steel is effectively forming an earth electrode which has a good enough Ra to satisfy the regulations.

In the EV section of the book there are equations to calculate the minimum Ra required.

Reply to Rolec SecuriCharge. in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
I've been installing Type 2 SPDs in consumer units for several years now, and they always come as a pair, connected across L & E, and across N &...
Replies
Views
Now Ive done Periodic Inspection and Initial Virification Qualifications with LCL/EAL (so non C&G 2394/95) # strange part building Modules , this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I understand the requirement for PEN fault detection on EV chargers for TN-C-S installs (or to place an earth rod). However, when I was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm nearly on my AM2 test and really enjoy the industrial side of things so I thought I'd learn by asking. I recently came across...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock