Discuss roller shutter door key switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iceman

hello there guys iv been tryin to wire a key switch to operate roller shutter doors, but it proovin hard work, the switch tht iv got is a telemecanique with 4 contacts indicating 3 and 4 on the green side 1 and 2 on the red side contact 1 say NC which indicates neutrel connection, and no 3 contact indicates NO thesupply coming in to the switch is three core cable yellow blue and red, any help on how to wire would be great thanks guys :cool:

NC doesnt mean Neutral it means Normaly closed No means normally open. Put a continuity tester through it you will see it makes or breaks the circuit.

Sorry but not sure what is required to operate your door but I do not think your switching will require a Neutral

what kind of motor is it?

single phase tube op or a 3 phase off a starter?

is it just the 1 roller shutter door that your trying to operate off this switch

not sure wot motor it is i think its a single phase, jmtisme i was wondering if i but the neutrel wire in a block connector, and connect red wire in NO and yellow wire in NC what ya recken???

sounds strange to me. I would have thought the 3 core cable was 1 core live supply 2nd core switch live for up and 3rd core for switch down therefore your switch should have 2 sets of N/O terminals

whats the switch going to? direct to the motor or to a control panel

or 3 phase motor starter

i do shutters doors day in day out

have you only got 3 wires going to the key switch

yes there are only three wires goin to the switch and the cpc of course, i expect the supply is going to the motor thn down to the switch, wots ya thoughts??

sounds strange to me. I would have thought the 3 core cable was 1 core live supply 2nd core switch live for up and 3rd core for switch down therefore your switch should have 2 sets of N/O terminals

yes I agree if the switch is momentary but if its latching I can see why it would have both NC and NO

sorry didnt reply last night had an early night

wrong switch basically unless you got the switch im thinking about

you say you got 4 terminals numbered 1 to 4

2 and 4 is linked

1 and 3 is your switching terminals so common into 2 and the direction wires into 1 and 3 just check with a continuity tester

if its not the switch im thinking of and you have got a nc then its not safe inside the motor theres limit switches if these fail the motor will carry on goin and can cuase a fair bit of damage to the shutter curtain or if anyones standing near it

3 years ago a bloke was killed by a normal domestic garage shutter door becuase it carried on going up and flipped out and smashed his skull open

hi i went bk to the wholesaler today and he reckons tht i need three N O connectors as i used 1 NO and 1 NC with a gape in the middle of the switch plate so now iv tryed 3 N O connectors without any joy any more ideas would be great thanks

For a roller door you need a 3-position spring return centre off switch with 2 NO blocks on the 2 outer positions of the actuator. One of your conductors will be permanently live, put this to 3 on one block and link to 3 on the other. The other two conductors go to 4, one to each block.

Reply to roller shutter door key switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net