Discuss Roller Shutter door with Electric motor-advice needed please- in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tojo$mojo

Hi forum,

just want to pick you brains on installing a second hand roller shutter door with an electric motor next weekend. I wanted some advice on a remote control switch i have spotted on the internet. I was planning on installing an outside light and one in the garage so when i approach the door i press the buttons on the remote and it will operated both lights and the roller shutter door. Could anyone kindly advise me if this type of switch will do the job please.
I have attached the photos of the switch and the wiring diagram on the advert too, any help would be fantastic.

regards
tony

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 32
  • switch 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 40
cant see the lights being a problem,but i would check the rating of the motor compared to the rating of the switch.If the rating of the motor is bigger than the switch(not forgetting the start current) i suppose you could switch it through a contactor.Just a thought..

Why not have the light on a PIR (sensor) and the shutters on a remote? I am not sure the device in the picture will work, it looks like some kind of light switching control with different modes (dim, bright, etc).

I would say yes (depending on the control system for the shutter), that it will do the job.
Looking at the diagram, I would wire it so that button A controlled the light, button B the up contactor and button C the down contactor, or left as spare.

I would say yes (depending on the control system for the shutter), that it will do the job.
Looking at the diagram, I would wire it so that button A controlled the light, button B the up contactor and button C the down contactor, or left as spare.

Seeing that it's a device designed for lights (maybe just one of it's applications?) could it handle start up inrush current of the motor?

i would probably go for a 2x2 pole 20A contactors with 230v coils,use 1 for opening the door,and the other for closing the door.You would be using 2 switch wires off the remote control box,leaving one switch wire for your lights.There is normally a wiring diagram with the contactor,or on it somewhere.

Most Domestic electric garage doors come with an integral time delayed light. I take it this is for domestic??

If not, i would go the contactor route. Depending on your requirement, with a timer that can if wish, be by-passed when you need lighting on for a long period(s).

im a contractor that does roller shutters where are you

is it a roller or up and over door
we use units that are designed for doors and lighting control
pm me

Reply to Roller Shutter door with Electric motor-advice needed please- in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net