Discuss Rose Ceiling Light Wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a light fitting that i want to change in one of the rooms. Currently there is a rose ceiling light. I have changed a few of these but this room has some connections which i am not sure about.

I have some wago connectors ready but just want some advice before i start disconnecting.

which is the switch live in this photo? My Plan is to use some wago connectors to put these wires in and then use some flex cable to connect both sides.

The picture is attached with this thread. Any Advice is appreciated

Rose Ceiling Light Wiring 20190301_112808 - EletriciansForums.net

The three reds in the loop in terminal into a connector on their own. The two blacks into a connector with the neutral of the new fitting. The yellow into a connector with the live of the new fitting, the yellow should ideally be sleeved red. Put the floating unconnected blue into a connector on its own as it probably serves no purpose. The earths into a connector along with one from the new fitting if it has one.

Thank you very much. i wasnt sure what the blue was doing but as mentioned i will tuck it away. Thank You

Reply to Rose Ceiling Light Wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock