Discuss Rough jobs in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

powervan

Today moved 4 panels for company that had loads of work in the november madness!! well starters WRONG mid and END clamps (too small) cannot tighten to correct torque! (will defo move in couple of yrs) also brackets fixed with 1 screw ! cables and mc4 connectors laying on roof in full view ! between diff arrays ! client payed top dollar for sub standard job ! but as firm is red hot on paperwork bet they fly through the mcs again! PERHAPS MCS HAS ITS PRIORITIES WRONG! workmanship first then (help/leeway) with those who struggle with paperwork in first couple of yrs! lets face it what good is a PAPERTRAIL when the workmanship is CRAP plus paperwork is FICTION?????????????????????????????

I priced and surveyed a job recently, had the load calculations done by a Structural Engineer. The outcome was that it was not safe to install any panels at all unless the roof was strengthened ( it failed by a factor of 4). Two other firms sent reps in who both said that the roof was structurally sound and a survey was not necessary. Result another contract lost. At least I can sleep at night. This industry has far too many cowboys working in it.

Thats the annoying thing, customer ends up thinking your trying it on for more work! leave em to it, ive had about 4 jobs fail the structual survey, but its not being a big effort to strenghthen it. Time will tell and hopefully ill be around long enough to see who had a structual survey or not.

Last edited:

Reply to Rough jobs in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net