Discuss rough price on an "off road" scissor lift 7-8m working height? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elsparko

sick of using junk scaffold that one of our customers has and i have around 18 lights to fit in a shed, do you need ipaf to hire them?

daily rate?

You need the appropriate IPAF or equivalent to operate them. Note you can not use a self propelled boom if you are only licensed for a trailer type and vice versa. Same applies for the scissor lift type MEWP.

The 4x4 booms have a deliver charge of around 250 and a weekly hire of 400-500 IIRC. Size dependant obviously.

Try Nationwide and Horizon platforms. Horizon are normally a little cheaper.

If you have a solid base just use a ‘pop up’ from Speedy If you are just changing the fittings.

Last edited:
.....just noticed to said platform. They are a little cheaper but delivery is still high as they arrive on a low loader.

Don't ring up asking for "off-road",they''ll think it's fresher's week;)

The description is "RT" or "rough terrain".

Having the capability to travel at working height is handy,some don't.

I went out to a JLG 40RTS years back,hydraulic tank had melted and spewed all the oil - polyprop tank:(

Everybody silent...so a chat with the old guy in the security hut,confirmed the cladding lads,were putting several packs of sheets across the handrails- over a tonnes worth :eek:

yeah i meant the chunky tyres that you would see on quads , the shed is used for horse competitions so the ground is fine sand with varying coarseness at different parts

the customer thinks they are saving money by having this shitty scaffold tower, that can only hold one person feasibly, having to tie lights on to rope and pull them up, no kickboards etc.

with a decent scissor lift i would already be finished the job by now, finished the smaller shed with just 10 lights and it took nearly all day!

Reply to rough price on an "off road" scissor lift 7-8m working height? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net