Discuss Router in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GPack

-
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm fairly new to networking so forgive me if this sounds a bit basic.

I'm trying to understand the limitations of ISP routers and when it may be necessary to upgrade to more professional router. Is there a good router package that offers reasonably priced wireless access points and switches you could recommend?

Thanks again for your help

Appreciated

It's a question I've have going around my head for a long time now. I really need to get to the bottom of it.

Modem routers supplied by ISPs are generally as low a quality as they can get away with (though complaints have improved matters over time) so almost any other device would be an improvement.

Combined modem router access points are readily available at low cost and will often improve matters.
However the desired solution will depend on the requirements at the installation.

have a look on dd-wrt. its a open source alternative firmware to change your isp provided crappy router into something more capable.

Reply to Router in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock