Discuss Running 100Amp service to an exterior garage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JonK8id

DIY
Reaction score
I need to run electrical conduit through an existing foundation. here is the catch. The exterior of the foundation is clad in fieldstone and has a bluestone cap. Cutting into the stone or notching the cap is not an option (Wife!!!!). The simplest solution would be to drill the slab in front of the exterior stud wall and have the conduit run up and curve it into the wall. The issue with this is it can be dinged by riding mower, atv, snow plow..... and would be in the way (pain in the --- for me!). Would it meet code to drill down through the wall plate, into the foundation? please refer to my poorly drawn diagram and a picture of the actual wall! To save $$ I would like to get the prep work done and have the professionals do the electrical connections. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Running 100Amp service to an exterior garage conduit_foundatio - EletriciansForums.net
    conduit_foundation.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Running 100Amp service to an exterior garage garage_wall - EletriciansForums.net
    garage_wall.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 8
I have in the U.K. done something similar but it was a 1ft thick concrete floor.
as to u.s. Regulations I can’t be sure but surely other services must go through the foundations, pipes, drainage etc.?

I need to run electrical conduit through an existing foundation. here is the catch. The exterior of the foundation is clad in fieldstone and has a bluestone cap. Cutting into the stone or notching the cap is not an option (Wife!!!!). The simplest solution would be to drill the slab in front of the exterior stud wall and have the conduit run up and curve it into the wall. The issue with this is it can be dinged by riding mower, atv, snow plow..... and would be in the way (pain in the --- for me!). Would it meet code to drill down through the wall plate, into the foundation? please refer to my poorly drawn diagram and a picture of the actual wall! To save $$ I would like to get the prep work done and have the professionals do the electrical connections. Any suggestions?
It can be done but good luck with your project

Reply to Running 100Amp service to an exterior garage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock