Discuss Running 16mm CU feed in ceiling with thermal over 100mm in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I have to run a feed to a CU in the middle of a ground floor flat . Its already got 2 layers of blue board and 100mm rockwool above it . It would be clipped in the ceiling over 50mm above the ceiling height . rockwool in the jist space and 2 layers of pink board below . So method 101 . Looking at regs the cable is derated to 46 A which is too low for the installation .
Cant find any table for the derating with armoured .

SO question is do I up the CSA to 25mm ? Any other thought / options . If I run in 2 inch plastic pipe does that change the rating as not touching the insulation and some air around it ?

Any thoughts much appreciated ,

Cheers

Reply to Running 16mm CU feed in ceiling with thermal over 100mm in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Currently quoting for a job that needs to be done next week and working out how best to proceed, so thoughts welcome. Current situation: -->PME...
Replies
Views
Thought I'd seek some advice on something has been frustrating, and the frustration may now be clouding judgement....! It was 30A rewirable fuse...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views
I need to insulate under my suspended floor which has many cables running through the joists (consumer unit is below floor). My main concern is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I will try and make this a painless as possible but grateful for anyones thoughts. I am currently contracted to install heaters for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock