Discuss Running Cable Bay Window in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

h901

-
Reaction score
hi
i've been at a job where the customer wants network cable run round the front outside of the house across the bay window (cable for cctv) they don't want the cable exposed and want it in some sort conduit. i was just hoping for some ideas on how to run it.
thanks

hi
i've been at a job where the customer wants network cable run round the front outside of the house across the bay window (cable for cctv) they don't want the cable exposed and want it in some sort conduit. i was just hoping for some ideas on how to run it.
thanks

Why don't you want to use conduit?

Reminds me of a funny incident a few years ago, when me and a mate were out on our mountain bikes. After getting a puncture on a canal path he preceded to put a new tube in and then inflate it with one of those mini pumps. Bent over the wheel and pumping away furiously, we were heckled by a couple of obviously wordly-wise females on the pavement above who could only see him from behind "Oi go on mate go for it!" accompanied by raucous laughter. I often think about it when I am bending a bit of 20mm.

Yeah I made a Typo error. It was supposed to say. I just use the metal stuff. Agreed though A rather costly way of mechanically protecting a cable.

Reminds me of a funny incident a few years ago, when me and a mate were out on our mountain bikes. After getting a puncture on a canal path he preceded to put a new tube in and then inflate it with one of those mini pumps. Bent over the wheel and pumping away furiously, we were heckled by a couple of obviously wordly-wise females on the pavement above who could only see him from behind "Oi go on mate go for it!" accompanied by raucous laughter. I often think about it when I am bending a bit of 20mm.

similar was my mate having a shave over a stream when camping, I still remind him regularly! 5 minutes later a farmer chased us (it was his stream on his side of the wall!) and actually shouted "Oi! Geroff my land" - so West Country!

Exterior rated Cat 6 in black - did it bottom to top on my house and looked good.

Not much extra and less in price and size than 20mm. It worked a treat UV rated.

All depends on the environment this includes weather exposure. Site specific requirements. Type of installation. Solar installs on the DC side require Heavy Duty UV rated conduit.

Reply to Running Cable Bay Window in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net